Bloomberg installation

Hi,
I’m running OG2.1.0 from Eclipse as mentioned here.
http://docs.opengamma.com/display/DOC210/Running+the+server+from+Eclipse

To run the examples-simulated server from Eclipse, follow these steps:
Find the class com.opengamma.examples.simulated.tool.ExampleDatabaseCreator (use Ctrl+Shift+T on Windows)Run it, by right clicking -> Run As -> Java Application, and wait for it to completeFind the class com.opengamma.examples.simulated.ExamplesSimulatedComponentServerDevRun it, by right clicking -> Run As -> Java Application

To run the examples-bloomberg server from Eclipse, follow these steps:
Find the class com.opengamma.examples.bloomberg.tool.ExampleDatabaseCreator (use Ctrl+Shift+T on Windows)Run it, by right clicking -> Run As -> Java Application, and wait for it to completeFind the class com.opengamma.examples.bloomberg.ExamplesBloombergComponentServerDevRun it, by right clicking -> Run As -> Java Application

Issue
I’m not getting any data in the OG webpage.
Do I need to install some addition software for running the Bloomberg ?
Thanks,
Abhi

You need to run the examples-bloomberg server (not simulated) on a Windows box that has the Bloomberg terminal installed. If you do that, it should work.

Thanks Stephen.
I tried to get Bloomberg terminal trial version but it’s not easy to get.

Is there any other way to get live stream which can connect to OpenGamma, make it working and help us to evaluate this OG platform please ?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi,

Can any one suggest alternative for Bloomberg terminal so that I can evaluate?

Thanks,
Abhishek

We supply two example servers, one using Bloomberg and one using simulated market data. If you can’t use Bloomberg, then you would have to use simulated, or write your own code.

Thanks Stephen.
I will try the alternative and let you know if I face any issue.