How to create custom iborindex

Hi All,

I am trying to create a custom Ibor Index for a zero curve calibration with following details.
iborIndices =ImmutableIborIndex.builder()
.name(“ILS-TELBOR-3M”)
.currency(“ILS”)
.active(true)
.dayCount(DayCounts.ACT_360)
.fixingCalendar(calendar.getId())//This is the custom Holiday Calendar I have created
.fixingDateOffset(DaysAdjustment.ofBusinessDays(0, calendar.getId()))//0 for all
.effectiveDateOffset(DaysAdjustment.ofBusinessDays(0, calendar.getId()))//spot lag
.maturityDateOffset(TenorAdjustment.of(Tenor.TENOR_3M, PeriodAdditionConventions.LAST_BUSINESS_DAY,BusinessDayAdjustment.of(BusinessDayConventions.FOLLOWING, calendar.getId())))//FORWARD_TENOR(Par Curve MTDI)
.fixingTime(LocalTime.MIDNIGHT)//00:00:00
.fixingZone(ZoneId.systemDefault())//Currency timezone or local timezone
.defaultFixedLegDayCount(DayCounts.ACT_360)
.build();
The ibor index is created correctly.However when i do a lookup using CurveGroupDefinitionCsvLoader i get below error:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No index found for reference: ILS-TELBOR-3M
at com.opengamma.strata.loader.LoaderUtils.findIndex(LoaderUtils.java:126)
at com.opengamma.strata.loader.csv.CurveGroupDefinitionCsvLoader.createKey(CurveGroupDefinitionCsvLoader.java:144)
at com.opengamma.strata.loader.csv.CurveGroupDefinitionCsvLoader.parseCurveGroupDefinitions(CurveGroupDefinitionCsvLoader.java:128)
at com.opengamma.strata.loader.csv.RatesCalibrationCsvLoader.parse0(RatesCalibrationCsvLoader.java:286)
at com.opengamma.strata.loader.csv.RatesCalibrationCsvLoader.parse(RatesCalibrationCsvLoader.java:252)
at com.opengamma.strata.loader.csv.RatesCalibrationCsvLoader.load(RatesCalibrationCsvLoader.java:206)
at com.opengamma.strata.loader.csv.RatesCalibrationCsvLoader.load(RatesCalibrationCsvLoader.java:186)
at com.j2fe.analytics.MultiCurveCalibration.runCustom(MultiCurveCalibration.java:154)

Is something missing here to create custom IborIndex.I am using Strata 1.6.0

Regards
Surima

0 Likes

Ibor indices must be registered before use using IborIndex.ini as per the extended enum system.

However, instead of doing that I would recommend creating a file META-INF\com\opengamma\strata\config\application\IborIndexData.csv and add the data in CSV format (rather than as Java code). See this link for the file format. You will probably also need to add META-INF\com\opengamma\strata\config\application\FloatingRateNameData.csv to reference ILS-TELEBOR as a floating rate.

Do you have a reference page for the ILS TELEBOR rules? I’ve had a quick look, but I can’t see the rules around effective data, maturity date, day count etc.

thanks
Stephen

0 Likes

If instead I use the iborinfexCsvLoader with a CSV for ILS,will that do the trick?

Regards
Surima

0 Likes

You don’t need to use IborIndexCsvLoader directly. Just add the config file to the classpath in the correct location and it will be picked up automatically.

1. Add META-INF\com\opengamma\strata\config\application\IborIndexData.csv
  2. Add META-INF\com\opengamma\strata\config\application\FloatingRateNameData.csv
  3. Obtain the Java class by name: IborIndex index = IborIndex.of("ILS-TELEBOR");

Note that there is no need to explicitly register the index, nor is there a need to use a parser. Simply by putting the config files in the right place on the classpath, the indices will be loaded.

thanks
Stephen

0 Likes

If I don’t want to modify the strata-basics 1.6.0 jar,is there another way to add config file in the classpath?If you could point me to an example for the same,it would be really helpful

Regards
Surima

0 Likes

No need to edit the jar file., just add it to the classpath of your project.

If you are using maven it goes under src/main/resources.

Stephen

0 Likes

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.However I am still unable to get this working even after adding the IborIndexSample.csv in the classpath.Could you share a sample project with the folder structure.

Regards
Surima

0 Likes

My sample CSV looks like this

Name,Currency,Active,Day Count,Fixing Calendar,Offset Days,Offset Calendar,Effective Date Calendar,Tenor,Tenor Convention,FixingTime,FixingZone,Fixed Leg Day Count
ILS-TELBOR-3M,ILS,true,Act/360,ULTIMO_LBB,0,ULTIMO_LBB,ULTIMO_LBB,3M,Following,11:00,Europe/London,Act/360

0 Likes

The file must be named IborIndexData.csv. The full path with maven will be:
src/main/resources/META-INF/com/opengamma/strata/config/application/IborIndexData.csv

0 Likes

Because I was doing some other work, I’ve included ILS-TELEBOR in this repo: https://github.com/OpenGamma/Strata-Extras to demonstrate the setup.

0 Likes

Thanks Stephan.
That worked like a charm

0 Likes