Running OpenGammaServer from sesame-examples/example-server

Hi,
I try to run the exaple sesame server from IntelliJ Idea. However, when I start the application (using OpenGammaServer.main()) I get the following exception:

com.opengamma.component.ComponentConfigException: Failed to set component factory properties: 'webEndpoints' with {factory=com.opengamma.sesame.web.WebComponentFactory, marketDataEnvironmentFactory=::default}
	at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.initComponent(ComponentManager.java:353)
	at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.initComponents(ComponentManager.java:322)
	at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.init(ComponentManager.java:297)
	at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:206)
	at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:193)
	at com.opengamma.component.OpenGammaComponentServer.run(OpenGammaComponentServer.java:307)
	at com.opengamma.component.OpenGammaComponentServer.run(OpenGammaComponentServer.java:173)
	at com.opengamma.solutions.server.OpenGammaServer.main(OpenGammaServer.java:17)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:140)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument 'viewRunner' must not be null
	at org.joda.beans.JodaBeanUtils.notNull(JodaBeanUtils.java:492)
	at com.opengamma.sesame.web.WebComponentFactory.setViewRunner(WebComponentFactory.java:108)
	at com.opengamma.sesame.web.WebComponentFactory$Meta.propertySet(WebComponentFactory.java:311)
	at org.joda.beans.impl.direct.DirectMetaProperty.set(DirectMetaProperty.java:259)
	at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.setProperty(ComponentManager.java:428)
	at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.setFactoryProperties(ComponentManager.java:406)
	at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.initComponent(ComponentManager.java:351)
	... 12 more
======== OPENGAMMA STARTUP FAILED ========

Is it possible, that it doesn’t work because I don’t have Bloomberg installed? If not, can you tell me what could be the reason of the issue?

Best regards,
Jacek Witkowski

You do not need Bloomberg to run the examples, the examples/tests run from sample snapshot data.

There are is a slight problem with the configuration file you are using. See the following commit for the fix: https://github.com/OpenGamma/OG-Platform/commit/2ce581523db66ceca57ff0170a753c2e5ceee982

Thank you very much for the answer. Now I have the example server up and running. However, I still don’t know how to run it with a sample data snapshot. There is only one file in sesame-examples/example-server/src/test and it is a logback-test.xml. If there is any other “examples” directory in the whole project, then it is not present in the “master” branch.

Another issue which I have with the example server is getting error 404 after going into localhost:8080 (I am being redirected to http://localhost:8080/jax/bundles/fm/prototype/analytics.ftl#/ and then I get the error 404 rendered with OpenGamma).

With regard to your first question. Have a look at the tests in sesame-examples/exampl-remote-app for examples of running against the example server. Also see tests in the sesame-examples/example-library-app for pricing that uses OG as a library rather than a full server solution.

For the second issue, it looks like the incorrect html resources have been pulled down. I imagine this is from us merging the sesame and platform repos. I will log an item to have that looked at. But this will only cause a problem with the anaytics page. The http://localhost:8080/jax/ page will give you the web interface into all the data persisted fo the server.