Feature to pass function parameters to the Function classes via viewClient

Hi ,

I have discussed this feature before in this forum , but then i couldn’t find which thread it is.
While executing the viewDefenition using viewClient , i want to pass some parameters to the function executed.
Using without attribute is a solution but then that means that i have to alter the original viewDefinition.
I would like to know if there is any other way to accomplish this.
Last time when we talked about this , it was told that such a feature is there in the pipeline.
Let me know if it is implemented so far !!!

Thanks
Vineeth

Hi ,
I got the discussion - http://forums.opengamma.com/forum/discussion/comment/365#Comment_365

Hello @jim ,

In the above comment , you had mentioned about “per-compute cycle parameters”.
Can i know , where you guyz are on it ?

Thanks
Vineeth

Haven’t done anything on it yet I’m afraid. The incremental dep. graph compilation will make it much faster to use properties for the same thing than it was before, but we still do intend to add this feature, we just haven’t had the time to prioritise it.

Hello @jim ,

Kindly keep this feature too , in mind.
This one would be the last piece to solve our problem for report generation using OG.

Thanks
Vineeth

Hello @jim ,

Can we atleast think of passing the viewdefention object parameter instead of unique ID of viewDefenition parameter to the viewClient.
This way i can add any kind of constrains to the requirement defention and achieve per cycle computation feature and this will go with the architecture.

Thanks
Vineeth

If you convert the UniqueId to represent the latest version (call toLatest() on the UniqueId or leave the version/correction fields blank) then the engine will track the latest version of the ViewDefinition as you edit it.

That idea might backfire if 2 jobs come at the same time…

On the second thought , it might be safe to first update the viewdefenition and then pass the unique ID.
That might actually work.