Setting OpenGamma on IntelliJ (Windows)

I managed to get OpenGamma to work from source in IntelliJ on Linux Redhat but failed on Windows. Would appreciate any help with the following error

Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I’m running on Windows 7, i7 with 10gb memory

Are you using a 32-bit JVM under Windows? That error can mean that you’re trying to allocate more heap than a 32-bit JVM can address.

What output do you get from ‘java -version’ at the command line?

Chris

32 bit JVM 1.7 ( I did try JDK8 64bit but that just completed failed), I tweaked with the config and now I am getting the following exception errors

Initializing factory 'com.opengamma.component.factory.master.DbFunctionCostsMasterComponentFactory
Using properties {classifier=central, dbConnector=::eng}
com.opengamma.OpenGammaRuntimeException: Failed to init component factory: ‘dbFunctionCosts’ with {factory=com.opengamma.component.factory.master.DbFunctionCostsMasterComponentFactory, classifier=central, dbConnector=::eng}
at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.initComponent(ComponentManager.java:360)
at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.initComponents(ComponentManager.java:325)
at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.init(ComponentManager.java:300)
at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:205)
at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:192)
at com.opengamma.component.OpenGammaComponentServer.run(OpenGammaComponentServer.java:291)
at com.opengamma.component.OpenGammaComponentServer.run(OpenGammaComponentServer.java:158)
at com.opengamma.examples.simulated.ExamplesSimulatedComponentServerDev.main(ExamplesSimulatedComponentServerDev.java:43)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:120)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown fragment name: GetSchemaVersion
at com.opengamma.elsql.ElSqlBundle.getFragment(ElSqlBundle.java:233)
at com.opengamma.elsql.ElSqlBundle.getSql(ElSqlBundle.java:216)
at com.opengamma.enginedb.stats.DbFunctionCostsMaster.getSchemaVersion(DbFunctionCostsMaster.java:118)
at com.opengamma.component.factory.master.DbFunctionCostsMasterComponentFactory.init(DbFunctionCostsMasterComponentFactory.java:53)
at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.initFactory(ComponentManager.java:555)
at com.opengamma.component.ComponentManager.initComponent(ComponentManager.java:358)
… 12 more
======== OPENGAMMA STARTUP FAILED ========

The error is indicating that the file DbFunctionCostsMaster.elsql does not contain “@NAME(GetSchemaVersion)”. I don’t know why that would be, as I can see that line in our sourcebase. You’ll need to check the DbFunctionCostsMaster.elsql file and see why it isn’t up to date.